Update log 17/08/19 - QOL and bug fixes + upcoming updates Aug. 17, 2019 by CoreyREAD ON FORUMS
With large content like the Chambers of Xeric, Wintertodt and Grotesque Guardians just round the corner, we've done some small bug fixes and much needed QOL updates to keep you guys updated.
- Uncut gems can no longer be used on each other to be added to a gem bag
- House teleports are now completely disabled while construction is unreleased
Lunar group teleports now require the correct magic level and runes to cast at all
- The caster now also no longer receives the teleport prompt interface
- Smelting bars (including superheating) now takes coal from coal bags if there is none left in your inventory
Coin pouches will now be received from pickpocketing instead of coins
- You can hold up to 28 coin pouches before they must be opened
- Coin pouches cannot be banked or traded
- Pouches turn into coins on death
- A move-home command has been added for moderators to move stuck players back home
Desert Amulet 4 now correctly protects you from the desert heat
- The Desert Amulet teleport now teleports you to the Kalphite Cave, rather than the Kalphite Lair
- You can now kill a single Thermonuclear Smoke Devil off-task in order to complete the diary
- Sandpits in Zanaris, Entrana, Rellekka and Dorgesh-Kaan now work
Buying graceful now adds it to your collection log
- Any untradables which are not already in your collection log will now be added on log-in
- Proselyte skirt counts as legs when wearing the full set for the Falador Diary
- Fire max capes can now be used to enter the deeper regions of Mor Ul Rek
- Slayer partner fixes
- Pineapple trees now require watermelons instead of tomato seeds for protection
Stackable items no longer glitch out when cleaning them with a cleaning cloth
- Cleaning clothes are no longer used up when cleaning weapons
- You must be using melee when finishing off a demon with the Silverlight to count towards a demon kill
- Ardougne Max Cape now acts like an Ardougne Cloak 4
Vote shop changes
- Coal bag has been added
- Guthix Dragonhide Boots have been added
- Guthix Blessing has been added
- Dwarven helmet has been added (you cannot claim this back if you lose it)
- Useless cosmetics have been removed
- Some useful items have had their prices increased
Status of upcoming updates:
Chambers of Xeric:
Raids are @Kris' project.
Raids are currently in heavy testing by the QA Team, and larger group raids consisting of multiple experienced raiders are planned very soon. All rooms have been written and they just need a few tweaks to make them 100% accurate to OSRS.
Wintertodt is my project.
I haven't been working on Wintertodt for a few days as I've been busy irl and with other development duties. I'd say Wintertodt is about 85% of the way there, with the biggest thing left being the rewards. We need to decide what exactly the rewards will be (sticking closely to OSRS'), and after that just fine tuning to get it true to Old School. I have around 700 Wintertodt kills on OSRS myself so I've been able to test it well and know how things are supposed to function.
Grotesque Guardians are @Tommeh's project.
Dusk and Dawn are the closest to completion of the three main projects, and they are just on the horizon. They have been going through QA recently and just need some minor adjustments.
Grand Exchange/market changes:
There are a couple of Grand Exchange changes coming shortly which we've all been working on.
The first being automatic updating of prices based on successful transactions. These will update periodically and allow for up to a 5% change per day. As prices update, the prices on RuneLite will be updated too (including examining items). When this update comes out all existing prices will be updated to be much more accurate rather than using OSRS prices.
The second change is being able to see recent trades (not GE trades) online. It's still being developed, and will include a search bar and automatic updating; here's a preview:
The final change is being able to see current item offers, which I'm sure you've all been wanting. Without needing to say much more than this, I'll just leave you with a gif of the current proposed interface; note, still WIP.
Thanks, the Zenyte staff team
Update log 20/07/2019 - Zenyte Mobile, birdhouses and more! Jul. 19, 2019 by TommehREAD ON FORUMS
The long-awaited update is finally here! This time we bring you Zenyte Mobile, bird houses and a bunch of fixes.
Yes you heard that right, Zenyte Mobile. You will now be able to play Zenyte on your phone as well! Only Android phones are supported for now, as iOS requires a jailbroken device to play and to develop on, plus doing an iOS client is much more difficult in general. To play Zenyte on Android device, simply go to https://zenyte.com/play and download the .apk file!
Birdhouses have been fully implemented. There are 4 birdhouse spaces around Fossil Island where you can setup your birdhouses. The timers are the same as OSRS (~50 minutes) but are lowered cumulatively starting as an Emerald Member. You will be able to find the exact timers on the donator benefits thread. Mycelium teleportation has also been implemented with this update. All the teleports are unlocked by default to easily travel through Fossil Island and the birdhouse spaces. To make birdhouses you will need clockworks. You can buy these from the Skilling shop at home.
Bugfixes and small content additions
- To compliment birdhouses, extra seeds have been added to birdnests; these include redwoods, teak, mahogany and dragonfruit
- Added the requested custom pet for the discord contest winners (top 3).
- Added the custom pet for Zenyte Members.
- Added clockworks to the Skilling shop.
- Game noticeboard timers are no longer paused when you hide orbs.
- Daily challenges now show the right experience amount.
- Custom pets (from the store, discord contest or the zenyte member one) are no longer lost on death.
- Fixed the head appearance for the lederhosen hat.
- Morytania legs now give you the slayer xp boost whilst doing your slayer assignment in the Slayer Tower.
- Fixed the smelt 75 runite bars daily challenge. It will now progress properly.
- Random events will no longer occur for staff members.
- You can now turn your Zamorakian hasta back into a spear by using the hasta on Otto Godblessed.
- The auto-compost donator benefits now applies regular, super or ultra compost depending on the tier.
- The world switcher is here; available on both mobile and desktop this will allow you to switch to other worlds if they're available, as well as show the player count and activity of each world
- Boost potion share spell no longer removes more potions than necessary.
- Potential fix for npcs freezing out of the blue and becoming unkillable implemented.
- Fixed an issue with mithril dragon drops, where the drop would occasionally not appear.
- Dwarf multicannon restrictions applied to Zulrah's lair as well as Vorkath's island.
- Aviansies task now works for Kree'arra as well as its minions.
- Scorpia's attack range increased.
- Zulrah should no longer send an additional attack out to the player when they die.
- Players are no longer "cleared" so soon after logout - this caused a wide variety of problems, most of which weren't exactly visible but definitely were important.
- Rewrote area detection code to hopefully patch an issue where the player wouldn't be registered in the area they were within.
- Another patch for hunter, hopefully fixes the issues with player being unable to set up any traps. I've also added a fail-safe if this still persists after the update.
- Third-age druidic equipment can now be worn.
- Dragon knives have been given the level 60 Ranged requirement.
- Vet'ion can now be slain for the "Skeletons" assignment.
- Fixed the two ladders on Neitiznot islands which allowed players to noclip.
- Added some more vote rewards - more will come in the near future.
Mobile world switcher:
Desktop world switcher:
Update log 08/07/2019 - Donator benefits, Hunter fixes and more! Jul. 08, 2019 by TommehREAD ON FORUMS
Just a quick little update, in preperation for our bigger upcoming update featuring Chambers of Xeric. Make sure to keep an eye out for the #dev-blogs channel in the discord for some spicy Chambers of Xeric content!
- Existing donator benefits will now scale up better with the tier that you got.
- Added a new benefit for Zahur's services. Price per unit will be less, and scales with the tier.
- Emerald+ will now get another favorite teleport slot and Dragonstone+ will get another one as well.
- Emerald+ will now get another daily challenge slot and Dragonstone+ will get another one as well.
- The hand fan has been implemented.
- Fixed an issue with the Gargoyle smasher perk that wouldn't trigger if the Gargoyle was at 9 hitpoints or less.
- Superior creature kills are now tracked in the slayer log.
- Cleaning poisoned weapons will no longer set the amount of the item to 1.
- Completing a wilderness slayer assignment will no longer give you a guaranteed upgrade. Instead, it will now be RnG-based. The higher the initial task amount, the better chance you get on getting the upgrade.
- Implemented a bunch of fixes for hunter traps glitching out, hopefully improving immensely.
- The invisible death timer for ultimate ironmen is no longer 10 hours. Instead, it's 1 hour now.
Update log 04/07/2019 - Motherlode mine and hunter fixes! Jul. 03, 2019 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
You can visit the Motherlode Mine by entering the cave underneath Falador's mining guild (also accessible from the Zenyte portal through skilling "Mining guild" teleport). Players can train their Mining within the mine by mining pay-dirt, which can be cleaned through the water channels. Players can then retrieve their ores from the sack at the end of the water channel. The ore which you get from mining pay-dirt is determined when you receive the pay-dirt, not when you deposit it in the hopper. There is a flat 2.74% chance of an ore to turn into golden nuggets which can be exchanged at Percy for mining outfit, coal bag and many other rewards. Players can also purchase two extensions - to increase the size of the sack which holds the ores, or to gain access to the upper part of the motherlode mine. The pay-dirt at the bottom level of the mine has a 1/3 chance of depleting whenever pay-dirt is received. The pay-dirt at the top will despawn 17-27 seconds after the first pay-dirt was mined, giving players a much larger window during which they can mine pay-dirt, giving much larger profits. The miners found within the mine do not actually affect pay-dirt and are only to create a more realistic scenery. They do occasionally however mine the rockfalls that are found on the ground - cleaning out the path for a small amount of time.
- The delay for Zulrah's rise timer has been readjusted for the last time - it has now been reset to what it was before the update. We have conclusive proof that the delay now matches our delay from one of the QA players.
- Random events now only occur for the players who have performed any sort of an action within the past 5 minutes when the random event is to be rolled on the user. This avoids large crowds being force-teleported to the random event island.
- Mage bank lever no longer sends the warning to use.
- Nail beast nails have been added to the tools shop at home - they are used for sanfew's serum potions.
- Super combat potions can now be created with all combinations that exists in OSRS, including unfinished torstol potions.
- Fixed a typo with Zahur's dialogues.
- Global moderator permission has been renamed to senior moderator.
- Tortured gorillas now work for "Monkeys" slayer assignments.
- Zombified spawn no longer drops supply caches.
- Kalphite lair crevice now requires elite desert diaries.
- Fixed Leprechaun Larry's Farming supplies shop where it showed invalid amounts for the second to last item in stock.
- Kraken instance cost halved for ironmen.
- Zamorak robes now have bonuses.
- Eternal slayer ring can now be crafted and the eternal gem now has functionality.
- Added some snape grass spawns across Zeah.
- Completed god books for bandos and armadyl now count as protective items within the Godwars dungeon.
- Sir Tiffy now sells proselyte skirts.
- Fixed an issue with clans nulling out.. hopefully.
- Cannons can no longer be placed within revenants area in Forinthry dungeon.
- Cannons can no longer be placed in Cerberus lair.
- Implemented a bunch of fixes for hunter traps glitching out, hopefully improving immensely.
- "Spawn Administrator" rank is now renamed to "Management".
- All mysterious emblems from tier 1 to tier 10 are now tradeable.
- When completing an assignment by Krystilia, if the player holds a mysterious emblem in their inventory when it happens, the mysterious emblem's tier will be upgraded. This only occurs for the first occurrence of a mysterious emblem in inventory, so whichever emblem you wish to upgrade, make sure it is before any other emblems.
- Cannons no longer create an endless loop of player trying to find a spot to go to for planting the cannon.
- Interacting with traps no longer forces the user to walk off of them.
- Recoils no longer reflect damage from other players' recoils.
- Corporeal beast no longer stomps while it performs the death animation.
- Infinity magic armour set requirements adjusted - they now require 50 magic and 25 defence to be equipped.
- Mining guild and edgeville dungeon center teleports implemented.
- Fixed the stats of the TzTok-Jad minions(Yt-HurKot), they can no longer hit above 14 and their bonuses have been nerfed by roughly 25% to match RS.
- Cleaning cloth is now available in the tools shop at home.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from getting aviansie assignments.
- Marked two more tiles safe from Zulrah during the melee strike, next to the pillars.
- Mysterious emblems can no longer be destroyed in wilderness while the user is under attack.
Update log 26/06/2019 - Ectofuntus, Slayer-only Dagannoths lair, Evil Bob random event & Bugfixes! Jun. 26, 2019 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
Players are able to go to the Ectofuntus north of Port Phasmatys to grind their bones into bonemeal and sacrifice it to the ectofuntus.
Sacrificing bonemeal to the ectofuntus grants 4x the experience you would normally receive by burying the bones. Players can do this by bringing bones and some empty pots to the upstairs of the ectofuntus and putting the bones inside the hopper, then grinding them through the grinder and lastly taking the bonemeal by using an empty pot on the bin. In order to sacrifice the bonemeal to the ectofuntus, players must also obtain some slime. To do this, players have to go to the bottom of the ectofuntus and use empty buckets on the pool of slime. Each pot of bonemeal requires one bucket of slime. Every sacrifice performed at the ectofuntus grants the players 5 ecto-tokens. These tokens can be used to charge the bonecrusher at a rate of 25 charges per ecto-token.
Players can claim the bonecrusher as well as ectotokens from the Ghost disciples found on the ground floor of the ectofuntus. To be able to claim the bonecrusher, players must have completed easy, medium and hard Morytania diaries.
Players can also grind silver bars in the ectofuntus, giving them silver dust in exchange.
Slayer-only Dagannoth kings lair
Players who are on a slayer assignment from dagannoths, or the dagannoth kings boss-task will now be able to use the "Slayer" option on the ladder that brings them to the dagannoth kings to access a separate dungeon to fight them. The slayer-only area is not instanced, so you will still be able to see other players if they're also inside it. Players will not be able to attack the dagannoths when their assignment runs out. The lair is free to access and the only requirement is the aforementioned assignment.
Evil Bob's Island
As a mechanic to fight against bots, we have implemented the Evil Bob's random event. This is a forced event that the players must complete in order to get off the island. Players will only be teleported to the island if they're out of combat and aren't in a restricted area. The frequency of the event is currently set to on-average once every five hours per player, with a guaranteed hour limit between events to ensure this doesn't occur too frequently. Please note: If the event is still too common, administrators are able to decrease the frequency of it through commands.
Players will occasionally be teleported to the island where they must feed Bob the correct fish in order to escape. To determine what the correct fish is, talk to the servant found on the island. They will explain and show you where you must catch the fish from. Beware: If you catch the fish from an incorrect side of the island, you will not be able to get off the island until correct fish is fed. You MUST feed Bob the correct fish.
When you complete the event, you will be granted an antique xp lamp. The lamp provides 750 experience multiplied by your experience rate in any skill except for Construction. There is no level requirements to use the antique lamp - this allows skillers and other special builds to train skills they normally would not be able to.
More random events will follow in the near future to add variety to the tasks players must complete. As for right now, only Evil Bob event is available.
- Adamant and rune dragons have had their dragonfire attacks weakened - they will both now be fully protected through super antifire potions.
- Implemented some improvements to player following under combat when using ranged and magic. Previously it was extremely easy to gap someone, that's no longer the case. When using ranged or magic to attack someone, you will not get gapped unless you get behind some trees or anything of sorts.
- Enchanted symbol can no longer be operated with outside of wilderness.
- Dwarf multicannon decay messages are no longer filtered.
- Fixed an issue with duel arena that would occasionally freeze one of the players within the area at 0 hitpoints, making them unable to do anything. Additionally made deaths within the arenas safe(if something goes wrong, that is), so if an issue similar to this were to ever happen again, you would not lose your items when dying inside it.
- Animated armours in warriors guild will no longer give players experience when attacked with magic or ranged. They will also despawn after a minute of being out of combat.
- Implemented some changes to kalphite queen, making her able to wander across the entire dungeon as well as not retreat when being attacked from a far.
- Fixed an issue with fight caves boss timers.
- Added a 5-tick delay to wiping instances. This means that when you leave an instance such as fight caves, you pet doesn't just vanish. The pet would previously be despawned(however you would still keep it, it just wouldn't be visible - relog would re-spawn it just fine) when leaving instances.
- Fixed an issue with stamina potions combining.
- Probita now checks for transmogrifiable pets when insuring your pet.
- Players can now teleport to the slime pit under ectofuntus using morytania legs 2 or better.
- Imbuing items no longer removes charges from them.
- Magma helm now counts as a serpentine helmet for its effects - had a typo in the item id previously.
- Applied some fixes to godwars dungeon - the monsters within chambers will now always be aggressive towards the players, regardless of how far they are.
- Reworked some core in regards to entity processing. NPCs are now processed before players. Bear in mind this was a huge update and could break a lot, however it was a necessary one. The main fix brought on by this is that NPCs that use melee will now hit you instantly as the animation starts, not with a 1-tick delay.
- Levers that teleport the user into wilderness now give a warning.
- Players can now walk up to 60 tiles when clicking afar from their location. This can mostly be felt when doing arceuus runecrafting - the long paths around objects were prematurely stopped previously.
- Dark wizards have their combat scripts implemented.
- Seed box now accepts tree seeds; In addition to this, players can now use the "fill" option to add the seeds that are already in the box.
- Spinolyps can now be attacked.
- Elidinis statuette now has its effects.
- Players no longer get extra tokkul when selling items to TzHaar shops while wielding the gloves; The reduced cost for buying items still preserves.
- Made some more mystery box cosmetics tradeable.
- Vorkath's head is now always dropped on the 50th killcount.
- Turael was removed from home to avoid confusion in new players who assume it is the only master we provide. Players who wish to train using Turael can still find him in Burthorpe - which can be accessed for free through Zenyte portal.
- Messages when killing a player have been introduced to indicate who you slaughtered.
- Swamp toad's can now be dissected to get their legs which are used in herblore training.
- Barrows items are now tracked by the collection log.
- All hits done on a player within one tick are now visible during that one tick - meaning if you use dragon dagger special on a player and the first hit of the two kills the user, the second hit will still be visible.
- Special attack orb is no longer clickable within wilderness.
- Fixed an issue with chaos elemental and fanatic disarm attack.
- Added a couple more red spider egg spawns in the edgeville dungeon and overall lowered all red spider egg spawn timers to once every 10 ticks as opposed to previous 30 ticks.
- Fixed an issue that allows players to eat karambwans too quickly.
- Another major update was done within player processing. Actions such as combat are now processed before movement. We had it incorrectly previously to my surprise, so I've swapped the order. This may have caused some potential pathfinding issues so if you find any, let me know. Fixed all I could find with it.
- Players can now empty their rune pouches directly inside bank.
- You can now get lizardmen as a slayer assignment.
- Health drain message from blood spells no longer shows if the spell splashes.
- Fixed a typo in observing the iron winch in Cerberus.
- Added some more warriors guild cyclops spawns and increased their respawn timer to 3x faster.
- Kalphite queen has been re-adjusted. Her attacks are now more accurate following the previous update which made them far too weak.
- Kalphite queen now also drops supply drops(same as in RS) every kill as a secondary drop.
- Fixed a typo that prevented Crazy Archaeologist assignment from working.
- Verac's set now pierces through kalphite queen's protect from melee prayer.
- Slayer helmet can now be used in place of the tier-5 shayzien armour to get protection from the lizardmen poison attack.
- Reworked aggression system with godwars generals, their aggression should now be more like OSRS, allowing tanking.
- Players can now use the Gricoller's can to water seedlings.
- Zulrah no longer has immunity delay when rising from the waters - players can attack it instantly as the rise animation starts.
- PID now swaps every 100-150 ticks, as opposed to previous 60-150 ticks.
- Priorities in PVP are now switched to the user you're attacking when you perform the attack on them.
- Implemented a new teleport to level 35 wilderness, directly north of chinchompa mountain.