Update log 18/10/2019 - Chambers of Xeric, Combat Changes. Gambling, Bugfixes Oct. 18, 2019 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
The Zenyte Team is pleased to announce the long awaited release of the Chambers of Xeric!
The Chambers of Xeric are a large cave system underneath Mount Quidamortem in the Kebos region. This comes with a full, 100% Old School RuneScape replicate of the Chambers of Xeric, with every detail nitpicked for accuracy and stability. We have implemented every aspect of every room, including challenge mode, proper dungeon scaling based on the party members stats, and even the proper point scaling system.
In Zenyte, the Chambers of Xeric use Dynamic Map Generation. This system is unique to the RSPS community, who mostly use preset map patterns when generating raid rooms.
What does this mean for me?
Dynamic Map Generation means that every raid you embark on will be different from the last. Each time you form a group, the order of the rooms will be dynamically generated so that each raid is challenging, unique, and most importantly, 1:1 with OSRS.
In the Chambers of Xeric, you can expect to see:
- Ice Demon
- Vasa Nistirio
- Skeletal mystics
- Lizardman shamans
- Great Olm (final boss)
- Resource Areas
- Crab Puzzle
- Creature Keeper
- Buildable Storage Units
- Accurate point system
Below you will see each and all bosses with a short explanation of the mechanics that were implemented.
- Tekton will return to his anvil when players are not attacking it.
- Both emitted lights are added, red & orange with proper effects.
- Meteor strike during his anvil regeneration will occur.
- All of Tektons’ standard attacks have been implemented.
- Grubs have to be healed. If they hit 0 hit points, they will emit a vespine soldier.
- Vespula’s second phase is active once Vespula reaches 20% hit points.
- The septic tentacles will spawn near the entrance, dealing moderate poison damage (Does not cause poison) passing it once the fight starts.
- All three combat styles of Vanguards are properly added, and weakened by its proper counterpart.
- Vanguards healing mechanic is in effect when one is pushed under 33% hit points while the rest remain above the threshold.
- Vanguards have their proper rotation patterns.
- The range Vanguard is weak to Melee attacks and can be identified by the rocks gathered beneath its tentacles.
- The melee Vanguard is weak to Magic attacks and can be identified by the tentacles raised up in front of it.
- The mage Vanguard is weak to Ranged attacks and can be identified by lack of tentacles.
- Ice fiends are capped at four. 1 per player in the party.
- All braziers speed up the ice storm time while lit, time required to be lit based on party size.
- Both ranged and magic attacks are implemented based on prayer active, dependent on the player it is attacking.
- Kindling is able to be chopped, hatchets have been placed in the proper spawn areas.
- Storage chest is able to be built using planks. (No construction experience is gained)
- Both muttadiles have been added.
- The small muttadile uses ranged and melee based attacks.
- The large muttadile uses all three combat styles.
- The large muttadile, under 40% hit points will go towards the meat tree, healing off of it. 3 times before returning, and will continue to heal based off of his 40% hitpoint threshold.
- Chopping the tree down will prevent the muttadile from healing from it once the 40% hitpoint threshold is met.
- Beginning attack & teleportation movement to lower players hit points added.
- Proper movement of Vasa to the crystals & Vasa will heal off of the crystals.
- Player health dealt is reduced the lower the players health is.
- Lighting of crystals to indicate where Vasa is moving to.
- If the crystal is not killed Vasa will return to the center of the room and begin using its teleport attack.
- All three phases + Olm’s Head has been added.
- Third phase requires both hands to be slain, simultaneously, otherwise they will heal.
All of Olms attacks have been added
- Standard attacks
- Crystal burst
- Acid Spray & Acid Drip
- Deep Burn & Fire wall
- Crystal Bombs & Falling Crystals
- Crystals react to their respective colors.
- Getting hit by the orbs will deal damage to the players.
- Attacking the crystals will turn it red.
- Crystals properly get stunned.
- Proper falling rock attack implemented.
- Guardians damage are only harmed by Pickaxes.
- Proper flinching mechanics are implemented.
- Obtaining cavern grubs from chess are randomized.
- Psykk bats have been added.
- Poison chests have been added to deal 1-3 damage per chest containing Poison.
- Solo raids scaled to require roughly 30 grubs to continue, like OSRS.
- Searching the creature keeper, players can obtain his journal.
- Keystone is required to open the next room.
- NPC amount & hitpoint scaling based on party size.
- All damage is inflicted in one tick when crossing the tight rope with npcs still alive.
- Both rangers and mages are added in their respective location.
- Solo parties encounter two rangers & two mages.
Dark Altar Room
- Skeletal mystics will take players overheads into account.
- Skeletal mystics will focus on mage based attacks if they are not in melee range.
- All damage reflected using prayer is reduced by 50%.
- Strength of mages are dependent on party size.
- Solo parties encounter three mystics.
- All potions are able to be made with the full raid farming system.
- All supplies necessary to make potions are accessible inside the chambers.
- Pick all options functional.
Accurate point system
Attacking monsters, though there are several exceptions:
- Penultimate phase of the Great Olm; anytime it regains control of its hands, no points are given for any damage dealt to them.
- Damaging a recovered abyssal portal.
- When players battle mini-bosses, a "decay" point multiplier is put into effect. For example, players initially have a normal multiplier rate when disabling Vasa Nistirio's crystals, but as the fight progresses, the "decay" will set in and prevent players from obtaining as much points as they normally would.
- Completing puzzle rooms.
- Making shortcuts in large ruin chambers (requiring Woodcutting, Mining and Strength if the obstacle is a rotten sapling, rock or boulder respectively).
Huge shoutout goes to@Loeap
He has helped a tremendous amount during the testing phases to make sure the content here has been accurate, and all aspects work properly, just like Oldschool Runescape. This will not go unrecognized.
If you see him on our site, discord, or in-game. Give him a big thanks for all the hard work for making The Chambers of Xeric what it is today.
In addition to the grand release of the Chambers of Xeric, there are several game fixes, new implementations, and tweaks done in this update.
Curious to know what's been added? Here's a full compiled list:
- Implemented most silver jewelry, bracelet of slaughter, dodgy necklace, expeditious bracelet, amulet of bounty, amulet of chemistry.
- Infernal eels can now be fished at Mor Ul Rek, oily fishing rod is obtainable in the skilling shop at home.
- Royal seed pod can now be configured to teleport you home, this is a hard wilderness dairy reward.
- Basalt and salt runes can now be mined underneath Weiss, these can be used to make icy and stony basalt, as well as used to light fire pits.
- The Moss giant boss Bryophyta is now killable and the signature weapon Bryophyta's staff is now fully implemented.
- Soul bearer can now be found in the vote shop.
- Combat dummies can now be found at the outlaws, slightly south-east of home.
- Magic and range tutors now have option to toggle whether or not they want runes/ammunition to go into their rune pouch/equipment slot respectively.
- Fake experience drops are now enabled for those with 200m and iron men in player vs player.
- Dagannoth kings boss teleport scroll will now unlock a teleport directly to the entrance.
- Diagonal safespots implemented.
- Flinching mechanic implemented.
- Magic attack speed no longer depends on your distance; it will not slow the attacks down if you enter "long-range" distance(> 8 tiles)
- Powered staves(tridents effectively) have had their attack range reduced to 7/9 tiles, as opposed to what wikia provides at 8/10(which is incorrect, confirmed)
- Magic attack distance in general lowered for everything by 1 tile. The calculations previously actually provided 11 tiles attack distance, due to not properly accounting for positions, but rather only the space between the two.
- Protection prayers are now checked when the hit begins, not when it lands on you.
- Some alterations to damage calculations for player combat actions.
- Hugging objects functions once again; Meaning if you're standing behind a rock and hitting someone that requires you to only walk 1 tile further, the attack will begin simultaneously with you walking, as opposed to waiting for you to walk to a tile that has clear view, and performing the attack on the next tick. The only exception(yet to implement) to this is autocasting, although this does not include powered staves.
- Halberds can now hit through see-through objects such as fences, much like in Old School RuneScape. Previously they could only hit from distance if the path was completely clear and could be walked across.
- Projectiles for ranged now fly out properly in synchronization with the player's positioning, instead of shooting them too soon, or too late(depending on whether or not the animation played actually blocks player's movement graphically)
- First click of 'Follow' on another player will use intelligent pathfinding to reach the target, any subsequent calls - or interruptions through target movement - will result in using the dumb pathfinder.
- Executed in a separate processing block, meaning PID no longer plays a role in following, instead the distance from the target will always be the same, whether player A follows player B, or vice versa.
- Game will always attempt to walk you directly behind the other player, whether it is diagonal or not.
- Public ground items limit introduced; There can now only be a maximum of 129 public ground items in one zone/chunk(8x8 tiles map piece); The limit has been verified to be 129 in OSRS. Once the limit is reached, it will remove the cheapest item out of the lot.
- Player message filtering system rewritten; All messages were changed to be unfilterable, followed by me going over every skill action I could think of and filtering out logical messages.
- Controller system removed almost entirely, I believe there's only construction remaining that is blocking it from being completely removed.
- Dicing - players can purchase the dice bag from the store for $100. Allows players to roll the percentile dice privately, or in clan channel.
Mithril seeds - can be bought off the store for credits. Players can plant the seeds to grow various colours of flowers.
- 2 seed - $0.10 (1 credit)
- 100 seeds - $4.00 (40 credits)
- 200 seeds - $7.50 (75 credits)
- 425 seeds - $15.00 (150 credits)
1000 seeds - $30.00 (300 credits)
Bugfixes (there are lots more, however after more than 500 commits being done on the develop branch, it is hard to keep track of it all)
- Donator benefits for 'farming patches automatically composted' is now fixed for people who already previously interacted with a farming patch.
- Zulrah no longer deals damage to the player after the player is dead and respawned.
- Disabling a clan chat now properly kicks everyone out of it, including the owner themselves.
- Mithril dragon drops shouldn't glitch out every now and again.
- TzTok-Jad kills are now tracked.
- Fire capes, bottomless buckets, anima seeds and void pieces are now tracked by collection log.
- If an ironman deals the most damage to a NPC, but falls under the 70% damage dealt requirement, the drop is instead given to a non-ironman player who has dealt the most damage to the NPC, even if it is just 1 damage.
- Vorkath's ice barrage attack is now smoother and easier to track. The crawler's behaviour has been improved to give a better window for reaction.
- Herb box will automatically open all herb boxes with a two-tick interval if the 'Bank-all' option is used.
- Players can no longer sell stackable items to a shop when their inventory is completely full and they have no coins in inventory.
- Trident of the seas becomes tradeable when fully charged.
- Cannon no longer freezes with one cannonball in it under specific circumstances.
- Armadylean spiritual mage actually attacks players, instead of just following them.
- Wilderness obelisk destinations are now sorted from lowest to higher wilderness level.
- Boss assignment name checking now ignores case-sensitivity, ensuring that no more boss tasks will be affected by this, thus making them unable to be completed.
- Spirit trees in farming now require ground suqah tooth, as opposed to the non-ground version.
- Cosmic being and star flowers added in Cosmic Plane(can be visited through fairy ring). Allows players to obtain star flowers which are used in brewing magic essence potions.
- Players can no longer get stuck on the Al-Kharid zip-line obstacle.
- A tool leprechaun can now be found in Weiss.
- Lizardman brutes now work for the lizardmen slayer assignment.
- The ship next to the arrival location in Pest Control island no longer allows the player to go down on the ship, as the bottom part of it is completely unwalkable.
- The gate used in Dwarf Cannon quest in RS, to reach Lawgof has been implemented.
- All decorative armour now has the respective wield requirements.
- Players can no longer get stuck on Bob's island, if the destination to which they would be returned is not walkable(e.g. if you were force-teleported by a staff member while crossing an agility obstacle), it would instead return you home.
- The lamp obtained from completing Bob's island random event will now properly be dropped underneath the player's feet if their inventory is full.
- Vorkath has been listed as a draconic NPC for the dragon-hunter weaponry effect.
- Walk packet is now completely single-threaded, There was an extreme case where - very rarely - your walking would be interrupted out of the blue due to scenery changes that occurred immediately after path was calculated, but before the next tick was executed.
- Players who are muted will now be notified of their mute on logins.
- 'Floating'(non-full screen) world map will no longer close when you're in combat, or performing skilling actions. Full screen world map can no longer be opened while under combat, and getting attacked while having full screen open means the world map closes immediately - especially helping players on mobile, who are viewing world map in dangerous areas like the wilderness.
- Adamant dragons now drop the dragon metal slice instead of the dragon metal lump.
- Patched part of the dungeon exit object in Brimstail's cavern; Only half of the object would actually take you outside of the cave previously.
- Increased the price of the mind shield to 25,000 coins in the melee armoury shop due to its better bonuses compared to the elemental shield, which costs 15,000.
- Changed fairy ring code reading to use the cache instead of our hard-coded ring ids. A lot of the necessary fairy rings would not show up on the travel log before - all do now.
- Humidify spell now works for the celastrus, redwood and dragonfruit seedlings.
- Implemented a yell filter in the custom settings tab, so players can filter out everyone else's yells but their own - even staff members' yells.
- Players who are in the 'locked' status are no longer immediately logged off as their connection drops - but instead will wait until either the lock wears off, or 60 seconds has passed. The method is merged with the combat check, so both variables will count towards the same thing.
- Magic tutor in Lumbridge now allows players to toggle whether or not they want the runes they pick up to go in their rune pouch, or into their inventory. The runes can only go in the pouch if the player already has at least 1 of the said rune in their pouch, and the existing stack plus the stack on the ground doesn't exceed the limit of 16,000 runes.
- Ranged tutor in Lumbridge now allows players to toggle whether or not they want the ammunition(arrows, thrown weapons..) to go in their ammunition equipment slot, or their inventory. The arrows will only go in their ammunition slot if they already have the same arrows in there, and the two stacks merged doesn't exceed the maximum item count limit.
- Casting fire spells while wielding a tome of fire now consumes the tome's charges.
- Increased the stock of garlic in Ardougne spice stall, as well as its respawn timer.
- Using thrown weapons with enchanted bolts equipped no longer permits the bolt effects to go off.
- Players can now fish infernal eels in the TzHaar city. They can also crack the eels for some spicy rewards.
- A ladder in the tree gnome stronghold has been patched to allow climbing up and down on it.
- Bryophyta's staff can now be charged with nature runes.
- All max capes are now converted to 569,250 coins on death, if lost. The previous value was merely 99,000.
- A ladder in the goblin village no longer allows players to no-clip around the world.
- Undead cows and chickens now work for the zombies slayer assignment.
- Penguins now work for the birds slayer assignment.
- 'Enter the ranging guild' medium Kandarin diary achievement implemented.
- Increased the number of cactus spines the players get from harvesting cacti.
- Ice trolls will now fight against honour guards on the Neitiznot island.
- Lizardman brutes will now fight against the soldiers in Lizardman canyon.
- Experience drops implemented for if the player has reached 200 million experience in any skill - these experience drops will come with a red circle, indicating no experience was actually gained. These fake experience drops are also altered by the experience multiplier settings.
- Experience multiplier settings now actually save on logout.
- Dagannoths in the Waterbirth island dungeon now have drops.
- Players can no longer acquire the same slayer assignment back-to-back unless they're wearing the slayer cape.
- Lowered the aggression and attack range of the dark wizards in Draynor village.
- Fixed the defensive animation on Arclight.
- Fixed the attack animation on the Fremennik blade.
- Fake experience drops implemented for ironmen who attack other players in the Wilderness - indicating no actual experience is gained, but at least it informs the player of the rough hit.
- Fixed a shortcut in the Lumbridge basement.
- Having a dwarf multicannon set-up within a Corporeal beast instance now prevents the instance from deleting when there are no more players remaining in the chamber. If the cannon decays when there is no one left in the room, the instance will delete itself.
- Rewrote the drop tables of Kree'arra's minions - they all have identical drop tables now, and do drop feathers and bones every kill.
- Rewrote the combat scripts of the brutal dragons to match RS - they will all now use proper projectiles, and attack from afar.
- Jogres added into the dungeon on the nothern part of Karamja.
- Fountain of Uhld can now be used to recharge dragonstone jewellery.
- Lizardman kills are now being tracked, and can be seen by talking to any of the soldiers found in the Lizardman canyon settlement.
- Players can now search the marshy jungle vines for snake weed.
- TzTok-Jad slayer assignment fixed.
- Rewrote the behaviour of Yt-HurKots(TzTok-Jad's healers) so that they will always heal TzTok-Jad when in reach of it.
- The attack speed shown in Monster Examine spell's interface now displays the true attack speed. The values previously shown were off.
- Ket-Zek and TzTok-Jad both roll using/against stab attack style when using their melee attacks, instead of previous crush.
- NPC bonuses and max hits updated to match RS for the larger Tz-Keks.
- Implemented necklace of faith's effect of occasionally restoring prayer if hitpoints reach critical levels.
- Implemented bracelet of slaughter's effect of occasionally preventing your task count from decrementing on a slayer kill.
- Implemented dodgy necklace's effect of occasionally preventing getting stunned while pickpocketing.
- Implemented expeditious bracelet's effect of occasionally decreasing your assignment count by two instead of one on a slayer kill.
- Implemented amulet of bounty's effect of occasionally allotment only using one seed as opposed to three when planting.
- Implemented amulet of chemistry's effect occasionally of making four dose potions instead of the three dose versions.
- Items found from mystery boxes are now tracked one the collection log.
- Ring of pursuit, Flamtaer's bracelet and Efaritay's aid now have their check and break options implemented. The jewellery effects themselves couldn't be implemented due to missing the necessary underlying content.
- The ovens found in the Hosidius kitchen now help towards not burning the food you cook.
- Zahur and Wesley are now capable of crushing all crushable herblore secondaries, if the player can afford it. They will also accept the noted forms of the secondaries, if possible.
- The shops will now buy items back from the players for 40% of their value(value is not defined by Grand Exchange, but rather by a constant value found in the item's definitions) - the percentage previously was just 33.334%.
- West Ardougne's general store will now buy items at 55% of their value.
- Bandit duty free general store in the Wilderness will now buy items at 60% of their value - identical to that of high alchemy.
- Fixed a typo in Venenatis' combat script.
- The damage tracked on characters across the world is now stored using the username of the player dealing the damage, meaning that the damage is preserved through logins. Previously all previously-dealt damage from before login was discarded, often making loot not appear at all when slaying a creature.
- Leaf-bladed spear is now two-handed.
- Graceful and amylase packs can now be sold back to Grace's shop.
- Guard dogs no longer react to players stealing from stalls in Kourend.
- Fixed the agility shortcut in Stronghold slayer dungeon.
- Implemented the fruit stalls in Kourend.
- The starter guide NPC in Edgeville now sells all three starter weapons for 200,000 coins each.
- The starter weapons have received a graphical overhaul, and are a lot prettier now.
- Implemented the combat dummies, regular and undead versions.
- Reworked the south-eastern part of the home, removed the cow pen and added a house for the outlaws. In-front of the house, players can find the newly-implemented combat dummies. While in presence of the house of the outlaws, players will gradually recharge their prayer and special attack, meaning they can continuously test different weapons on the combat dummies without having to leave to recharge their special attack or prayer. The recharge aura only kicks in after the players have stood within the presence of the house for at least 30 seconds, and stops as soon as the player leaves it.
- Karamja achievement diary lamp requirements and experience rewards reworked to match OldSchool.
- Removed rat's paper drops from outlaws.
- Implemented cadava berry and redberry bushes found in the southern part of Varrock.
- Resurrect crops spell fixed.
- Basalt and salt rocks underneath Weiss can now be mined.
- Fire pits across the world can be constructed to prevent the area effects of specific areas. Until construction is released, the fire pits will have no requirements to build, and grant no construction experience. Each fire pit will however grant 300 firemaking experience(times whatever your experience modifier is set to).
- Snowflake and Don't Know What now have their dialogues for noting basalt and passing through to the inner part of Weiss respectively.
- Rewrote the binding necklace charges system. The charges are now bound to the player, as opposed to the item. Thus, any newly obtained binding necklace will now stack in bank. The old, non-stacking binding necklaces will still work too, but they will not become stackable - best off consuming those to save some bank space.
- Only magic is now permitted within the boundaries of the Mage Arena in deep wilderness. This applies for both NPCs and players alike.
- Mogres implemented. They can be found in the waters at Mudskipper point. Players need a fishing exposive to get their attention. Mogres can also be acquired as a slayer assignment from Mazchna, Vannaka and Chaeldar. Mogres can now also be found on the drop viewer - and they also drop flippers and mudskipper hat. Due to this, the mudskipper hat was removed from the mystery box - its value wasn't very high to begin with, due to them being extremely common from the boxes.
- Implemented drops for the zombies found in stronghold of security.
- Curtains all across the desert can now be opened and closed.
- The ladder found within HAM hideout now actually takes the players outside of the hideout.
- The standard rare drop tables, and gem rare drop tables were expanded to a lot more monsters - to see if a monster has access to it, you can now open the drop viewer to find out.
- Remapped a lot of spawn positions of monsters found in the godwars dungeon, and in lumbridge swamp caves.
- All items dropped(by player, or by Vorkath) within Vorkath's instance will now remain on the ground for a total of 30 minutes.
- Rewrote the formula behind prayer resistance in prayer drain calculations, effectively doubling the resistance gained from prayer-boosting equipment. This now matches RS' formulae.
- Ardougne rooftop course's mark of grace spawn locations reduced to just one.
- Modified the revenant weapons' check-charges message to notify the player of the weapon being activated after the initial 1,000 revenant ether charge.
- Implemented dagannoth kings boss teleport scroll.
- The waterbirth island teleport has been moved to the misc category.
- Rewrote the item sorting formula for items kept on death to include the base-price of the untradeable items which are built up off of tradeable counterparts, making items such as slayer helmet have a much higher base value(that of the black mask for example), so items such as barrows gloves no longer protect over it.
- Added two cave nightshade item spawns near the Skavid caves, south-west of Yanille.
- Patched the doors found in Kourend area.
- Repaired a couple ladders on Neitiznot island, to prevent no-clipping.
- Thormac, found at the top of the Sorcerer's tower is now able to enchant battlestaves to mystic versions.
- Normal lava and steam battlestaves can now be equipped with respective upgrade kits.
- Fixed an issue with Iban's staves not notifying the player of being on the wrong spellbook if that is the case.
- Implemented the shortcut found at the northern part of McGrubor's woods.
- Added a tanner on the second floor of Crafting guild.
- The 'pump and drain' objects found world-wide can now be used for filling vessels with water.
- Renamed the altar found upstairs at home to 'Saradomin altar' and changed it's right-click option of 'Change-spellbook' to actually list out all four spellbooks, for easier spellbook swapping.
- Players no longer gain experience for damaging Bryophyta while the growthlings are alive.
- Crash site cavern can now be accessed by walking from Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- Zulrah's melee attack now does the knockback effect.
- Plant pots made through pottery can now be used in Farming.
- Increased the odds of your glory amulet being transformed into an eternal amulet of glory from 1 in 25,000 to merely 1 in 2,500, when recharging glories at the fountain of rune, in the wilderness.
- All NPCs found in the fight caves now have their sound effects, making completion of the caves much easier.
- Sped up the process of adding grapes to jugs of water to match OldSchool.
- Amethyst no longer always depletes after the first ore is mined, instead, the odds of that happening have been changed to 1 in 3. Alongside this, amethyst rocks now have a much quicker respawn timer - three times faster than before. To adjust for these changes, the speed of mining amethyst has been slightly lowered.
- Superior slayer monsters will now always drop a totem piece when killed within the Catacombs of Kourend, as long as the player is missing at least one of the pieces.
- Superior slayer monsters can now be found on the drop viewer, although they will only show the totem pieces and the four rare drops which include the imbued heart on it. The remaining drops cannot be displayed as they are dynamic, depending on the parent monster which "spawned" the superior version of itself. The loot is rolled off the parent monster, giving three individual rolls on their loot table.
- Tortured gorilla's unique drop rates re-adjusted to match RS. They were never meant to be as low as they were previously set to - this was caused by random number generation when scrapping the wikia for drops.
- Deviant spectres now use magic attack bonus when calculating the damage upon hitting a target, as opposed to previous melee defence. This makes them much more accurate, as their melee stats are 1.
- Removed enhanced ice gloves from the vote store.
- Implemented soul bearer, which can be found in the vote store for 50 vote points.
- Modified some of the obstacles that have often caused the client to "teleport" players into unreachable parts of the map, or void entirely. Hopefully the modifications are enough to avoid these issues in the future.
- Started working on placeholder redirections, so items such as barrows (25/50/75/100) would use the same placeholder slot as the full version of the item. At the moment, these placeholders have only been applies for barrows items, although the rest will follow in the near future.
- Bracelets of ethereum always drop on the ground on death in wilderness.
- Using the long-range attack style with tridents now properly provides the user with defence experience.
- The "latest update" broadcast message players receive on login now only shows the first time around, although if players would like the last update to show on every login, they can change the setting in their settings tab respectively.
- Guthix rest teas can now be made.
- Trident damage calculations rewritten to properly account for all the special factors - previously it would disregard a lot of them.
- Respective jingles are now played upon deaths, when progressing in fight caves, upon Grand Exchange offer updating, winning a duel and when playing the air guitar emote.
- An oily fishing rod has been added to the skilling shop at home.
- Bryophyta's growthlings will now once again die when a hatchet has been used on them, once they're low enough health.
- Rangers' tights now require a ranged level of at least 40 to equip.
- Smoke devil pet can now be metamorphised.
- Added dagannoth kings teleport scroll to the mystery box.
- Fixed the death message for hardcore ironmen - it will now again inform who dealt the killing blow to the player when they die, whether it's a NPC or a player.
- Rare drop broadcasts now contain the name of the monster which dropped the item.
- A chisel spawn has been added to the dense essence mine.
- Royal seed pod now has a configure option, which allows the players who have completed the easy, medium and hard wilderness diaries to redirect the teleport destination directly to home.
- Brutal green dragons' max hit changed from 0 to 18.
- Alchemy spells no longer delay combat.
- Yt-HurKot will no longer heal TzTok-Jad if its attention has been drawn by interacting with it in combat.
- Dagannoths found inside the Waterbirth island dungeon are now aggressive.
- Wallasalki now use proper attack projectiles and graphics.
- You can now make GE offers for zenyte armour.
- Wrath runes can now be stored in a rune pouch.
- Checks have been added to the Motherlode mine exits to make sure you have 60 mining before you enter the mining guild.
- You can no longer leave a godwars dungeon bossroom through the door, only through the altar now.
- Imbued heart duration adjusted.
- Added nieve's gravestone which displays the demonic & tortured gorilla killcount.
- Granite cannonballs now turn into regular ones in a pvp death.
- Automatic resizing for the GE offers viewer.
- Automatic resizing for the Drop viewer.
- Potential fix to ensure that players no longer get stuck while fighting the Grotesque Guardians.
- Fixed a typo in the chat-over-time of Kamfreena in the Warriors' guild.
- Added the ability to change skin colours for donators through the makeover-mage.
- Using a chisel on amethyst whilst only having 1 in your inventory will no longer make bolt tips and will now show the selection dialogue.
- The chaos fanatic now shows the correct drop rate for the pet on the drop viewer.
- Viggora's chainmace now acts as a zamorak item.
- Fixed a typo with the slayer task tip of a black dragons assignment.
- The remaining teleports message from diary items now give a more clearer message.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't store tree seeds in a seed box.
- Fixed an issue with rift guardian colour locking and implemented the proper dialogue for it.
- Fixed an issue for new players that would login for the first time on mobile causing various problems.
Bugfixes as of 19/10/2019
- Zulrah's incoming damage is no longer delayed ridiculously long.
- Dark totem bases should no longer drop in double quantities from superior slayer monsters.
- The Weiss fire pit should now properly save on logout - sorry for those who built it before the update. You will need to re-build it.
- Skeletal wyvern no longer moon-walks away from the player when they try to attack it.
- Godwars NPCs should be properly aggressive once again, and react to protection items as they should.
- Barrows brothers will no longer aggressively attack players near the reward chest.
- The 'swap' attack by the Great Olm now properly resets if one of the players in the pair has died or moved away.
- Players who create a raiding party can now enter the dungeon to properly scout - meaning people with just 'Recruit' rank can start raids.
- Raiding parties can no longer be created for the 'Zenyte' clan channel.
- Granite cannonballs are now safely kept on death in wilderness if the player dies to a player, regardless of the wilderness level.
- Amulet of chemistry dialogue options fixed.
- Rare drops received from Chambers of Xeric are now properly tracked - those who got a drop before this update can ask me to enlist the item on their account's collection log.
- Chambers of Xeric killcount can now be seen from the collection log interface - it combines both of them together, challenge mode and regular.
- Drop viewer interface can now be properly searched again to find all the NPCs across the game.
- Amethyst mining speed has been increased, following yesterday's massive decrease.
- Players now lose 40% of their personal points on death in raid, as opposed to previous 60%.
Update log 18/09/19 - Grotesque Guardians & Grand Exchange Rework Sep. 17, 2019 by TommehREAD ON FORUMS
The Grotesque Guardians are a pair of gargoyles, Dusk and Dawn, found on the Slayer Tower's rooftop, whose entrance is found on the 3rd floor. In order to access the roof, players must obtain a brittle key from gargoyles while assigned them for a Slayer task.
Similar to other Slayer bosses, such as Cerberus, the Grotesque Guardians can only be killed while the player is assigned gargoyles or the Guardians themselves as a slayer task.
The Grotesque Guardians have finally arrived to Zenyte! After a long time of development with a few delays here and there + the QA-phase, they're finally done.
All the mechanics from OSRS have been implemented and work accordingly. Side-content that comes with this eg. smithing granite cannonballs and making the Guardian boots also work!
Here's some media to get an idea of what to expect:Spoiler
Grand Exchange ReworkQuote
The Grand Exchange got a much needed overhaul. With the "Offer Viewer" button, you are able to browse items on the exchange, and view the active selling/buying price, as well as what individuals are selling/buying them for.
With this, we've also made some changes to how the Grand Exchange determines the price of an item. The price per item will continue to change based on the supply and demand to give a better insight of how much an item is actually worth. You will also be able to check the price by just examining an item, using the RuneLite plugin.
In other news...
- $5 bonds have been added for staff to give out at events - these bonds are untradable
- Added some commands to make it easier for staff to adjust boss spawn timers during events
- The Weiss herb patch has been added; you can travel there by using the boat at East Rock Crabs
- Your run will no longer turn off when using items on ground items
- Added tool leprechaun to harmony island
- Added tar barrel object
- You will no longer see yells from people you have ignored
Private message filters should now work properly
- This means that nobody can pm you if your Private filter is set to 'Off' and others will see you as offline
- This also applies to the 'Friends' filter
- There is currently a bug with users who have crowns in their name, where the client will not recognise them as your friend
- Added rake to home tool/skilling shop
- Added Allanna's Farming Shop in the Farming Guild
- Added Temple of Ikov access (along with Boots of Lightness spawn)
- You can now press Tab to reply to pms without having the other person on your friends list
Update log 11/09/19 - Bugs and QOL Sep. 11, 2019 by CoreyREAD ON FORUMS
Variety of bug fixes this week, includes thrown weapons, Wintertodt fixes, and a fix for the lost donator ranks/bonds.
- Thrown weapons have been fixed, including darts, knives, axes, and Chinchompas.
- Braziers should no longer be lit in Wintertodt before the round begins.
- Wintertodt cold damage immunity has been increased by a tick.
- Wintertodt timer desync should be fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Smithing items higher than your level.
- The "Last Teleport" option on the Fairy Rings will now save throughout login.
- Game filter now saves throughout logins, and will not reset through random button clicks.
- Increased API connection timers, which should decrease the amount of issues with donations/bonds not going through.
- Adamant and Runite Dragons drop table was reworked to be matched with OSRS.
- Crystal shield will no longer lose charges when a player gets hit a 0.
- KBD's ice attack has a max damage of 10 now.
- KBD's attack frequencies match OSRS now.
- Fixed the issue of losing Imbued items on death.
- Bottomless compost bucket now preserves it's charges when depositing/withdrawing from storage.
- Magic accuracy for the Toxic staff of the dead has been fixed.
- Lunar spell "Bake pie" has been fixed for diaries, and skilling challenges.
- Superior NPC's give 10x NPC's HP, worth of Slayer experience.
- Mutated bloodvelds max hit has been increased to 12.
- The fire imp spawns has been re-positioned in the Chasm of fire.
- Twisted banshees will now walk towards you, before attacking.
- Ranging cape now has Ava's Assembler effects.
- Infernal axes, and pickaxes are now dragon variations, when uncharged.
- Fixed an issue with K'ril dropping the wrong item ID for Steam battlestaff.
- Fixed an issue with Archaeologist and a few other wilderness bosses for the diary.
- Redemption and Protect from Magic are no longer able to be activated together.
- Creating teleport tablets now gives Magic experience.
- Casting Vengeance no longer cancels out combat.
A few Quality of life changes the community suggested, such as Ironman Accept Aid, announcements, and in-game commands.
- Wintertodt teleport has been added to the Zenyte portal, under "Bosses".
- Discord will now broadcast all drops/achievements from in game.
- Ironmen are now able to give/accept specific items; this is currently limited to only donator teleport scrolls.
- Added ::Support, ::Guides, and ::report commands in game. Redirecting you to their respective categories on the forums.
- Added ::Market command in game, redirecting you to the Public Market on the website.
- Added ::Events command in game, redirecting you to the upcoming/present event.
- Added ::Youtube command in game, redirecting you to the Official Zenyte YouTube channel.
- Increased Olivias seed stock, in Draynor.
- Added Amelia's seed shop, in the Farming Guild.
- Bearhead has been added to the Melee armour shop.
- Scrolls of redirection have been added in Frank's shop.
- Imbued heart and Dragon limbs are now announced when obtained as a drop.
- Corporeal beast now has a Kill tracker.
- You can now view the Wilderness board.
- You can now cure Yak hides, by speaking to Thakkrad Sigmundson
Thanks to @Lifefor writing today's update post
Miscellaneous media that has been gathered over the course of a few days,Spoiler
Update log 07/09/19 - Wintertodt! Sep. 07, 2019 by CoreyREAD ON FORUMS
The Wintertodt is a minigame-style boss that is fought using skills rather than combat. It is located in the Northern Tundras in Great Kourend, bringing a storm of perpetual winter and unfathomable cold. According to the look-out, it is unclear what the Wintertodt actually is, but its ability to alter the weather to extremely low temperatures has earned it notoriety among the people of Great Kourend.
Players must assist pyromancers, a special group of Arceuus mages, to keep the Wintertodt at bay. As servants of the sacred flame, only they know the spells required to subdue the Wintertodt, so they are heavily relied upon in the defence of Great Kourend. While their magical abilities are extraordinary, their skills in other areas are limited, and thus require assistance from skilled adventurers.
In order to help subdue the Wintertodt, players are required to have at least level 50 in Firemaking. Skill levels in Herblore, Fletching, Woodcutting and Construction do not affect the speed of their related activities at all, however having higher levels grant more experience.
Wintertodt is here! After a few weeks of development (with it being put on hold for some other fixes and quality-of-life) it's finally ready!
It was written to be 1:1 with the original with a few minor changes to rewards.
All rewards are the same as on OSRS with a few changes:
All quantities are buffed by 40-50%
- Pure essence has been increased even more
- Higher tier items i.e. dragonstones and anglerfish have also been added
- The base roll-amount is 3 (for 500 points) rather than 2
- Emerald+ users get an extra roll
Dragonstone+ users get another extra roll
- These both also apply to trading in unique items to Ignisia
- Herblore secondaries have been added too, they are rarer than most other tables
- If you hit the 'OTHER_SEEDS' table you have a 1/20 chance of receiving 1-2 spirit tree seeds
- If you receive a bruma torch but already have at least 3 of them you will receive 2 torstal seeds instead
- If you receive a pair of warm gloves but already own at least 3 pairs you will receive 2 magic seeds instead
- Dragon axe chance is 1/7500 rolls
- Phoenix pet chance is 1/3750 rolls
- Tome of fire chance is 1/750 rolls
- Bruma torch / warm gloves chances are 1/65 rolls
- Pyromancer outfit piece chances are 1/75 rolls
You can get there by using a Games necklace or using the fairy ring code CIS and running north.
As construction is not yet released, fixing braziers will not grant construction experience.
Here's some random Wintertodt media to get you hyped up:Spoiler
Other Bug Fixes/Additions
- Spells now properly cancel actions
- Wine stock has been increased from 5 to 50 in Fortunato's Fine Wine
- Enchanted bolt special attacks have been rewritten to match osrs, including proc chances
- Can properly kill kraken boss assignment within instances
- Lithkren vault barriers no longer noclip the player
- Inverted santa hat is now tradable
- Can now sell items to Trader Stan's shop
- Monster aggressiveness has been fixed in the wilderness
- Monster reanimation spell fixes
- Chicken now equips in the shield slot
- Advanced spikey chain in the Slayer Tower now requires level 71 agility to climb
- Bank quantity selector no longer prompts for a new value when left clicking it
- Can directly empty the seed box into bank using the 'Empty' option
- Bunny ears no longer require ranged and defence levels
- Farming shops now sell the correct filled plant pots
- Coloured versions of slayer helmets now work for lizardman shamans
- Mysterious emblems are no longer placed in looting bags when picking them up
- Added extra cyclopses on the warrior's guild top floor
- Forum moderators now have a yell tag again
- 99 combat skill notifications now only show for x5 and x10 gamemodes
- Planting saplings now requires a spade instead of a seed dibber
- String jewellery spell now gives crafting exp as well instead of double magic
- Burying bones on Lava Dragon Isle now gives four times experience
- Rune pouch can no longer be alchemised
- Poison spiders now count as valid spiders
- Added combat script to nuclear smoke devil
- Using scales on antidote++ will now give appropriate experience, scaling with number of doses
A lectern has been added at home to let players craft teleport tablets!
It has replaced the old decorative lectern in front of the prayer altar at home.
The Arceuus lectern in the magic store in the Arceuus region has also been added.
You can use this lectern along with dark essence to create Arceuus teleport tablets.Spoiler
Motherlode mine golden nugget changes:
All golden nugget prices have been reduced by 2.5x.
This includes access to the upper level.
If you had previously purchased things using golden nuggets you will be refunded the difference.
However this does not include gem or coal bags as they could be bought from the vote store.
- All quantities are buffed by 40-50%
Update log 31/08/19 - Blast Furnace Aug. 31, 2019 by NoeleREAD ON FORUMS
The Blast Furnace is a minigame situated in Keldagrim for smelting bars which require coal. The furnace here only requires half as much coal when smelting, so it's beneficial for higher-tier bars like mithril, adamantite, and runite, which are a pain to smelt on most private servers. We've matched OSRS features on the minigame, aside from the non-dwarf functionality (pedals, pump, and coke stove temperature control). The ore and bar storage is up to par with how it works on OSRS; tin and coal both have 254 as their maximum amount of ores as they are "secondary" ores. You can use tricks like the water bucket and ice gloves to cool down the bar dispenser faster. We even added support for delayed xp drops, as on OSRS, the bar dispenser does not start making bars again until you end the previous dialogue; we've matched this behavior and it allows you to use OSRS tricks like ice gloves -> goldsmith gauntlets to finish your cooling quickly and get bonus gold smelting xp.
A few customization's we've made to the minigame are:
- On OSRS Blast Furnace worlds, the dwarves run the furnace instead of players, and you pay via the coffer, this is by far the most preferred method for the majority of players, and since both cannot be supported on the same world, we opted to support the dwarf-run system.
- We've modified Ice gloves and made them degradable, you can buy them from the vote shop for 15 points each, and they will last for 150 "early cools" from Blast Furnace.
Custom functionality, and September vote incentive
- We've also added a new custom item with slightly modified color, called Enhanced Ice Gloves, which are non-degradable, as well as tradeable. These will be on the vote store for 60 points for a limited time (the month of September); afterwards there will be a way that is considerably harder/grindier than 60 vote points to acquire the enhanced ice gloves. This is to both boost player economy with a relevant skilling item and offer players something meaningful and potentially worthwhile to vote for during September. Don't worry - we will still be adding other items to our monthly vote store rotation with the other upcoming updates.
Some important details/how to use about blast furnace include:
- Ice gloves or Bucket of water (optional), used at the bar dispenser to cool the heated bars as they come out. If you do not have either, you must wait for the bars to cool before taking them out.
- Coins to be able to use the blast furnace
- And obviously the designated ore to put into the furnace
- Fixed Paladin coin pouch amount
- Fixed Malediction Ward upgrading/reverting (can now upgrade and revert properly)
- Fixed misc spelling mistakes
- Ring of Wealth's can now be imbued with a "Ring of Wealth" scroll from the Bounty Hunter store and 50k GP
- Disabled Abyssal Sire Boss task
- Moderators can now view who's on Mobile
- Kalphite Queen killcount is now tracked and announced after kills
- Attacking Kraken without tentacles now cancels combat and gives miniscule experience drops
Going forward, we are striving to communicate more efficiently as a team to you guys, the players. It's hard to convey the reasons for delays as well as delays in general and the team has been working on a variety of projects the last month. The good news is, that all of these updates are coming to an end, and we can look forward to Blast Furnace, Wintertodt, Grotesque Gargoyles, and Chambers of Xeric in the coming weeks. We will do our best to remain transparent in letting you know what our development schedule looks like, as well as more accurate timeframes for when updates can be expected. Feel free to get involved by applying to become a QA tester here
Updated every 15 seconds